i've been a user of crack for 20yrsi've been aware of my hiv for 5yrs but i just overlooked it. now that i'm in recovery(3)mons i'm 511 and 200lbs all of a sudden i wake up at night with what i would say is thick numbness in my hands and feet KIll me how long will this last and is it due to past drug use and neglet of my hiv?

Unfortunately, without much more information, I cannot give you a specific answer as to the exact cause of your symptoms. Could it be HIV-related peripheral sensory neuropathy? Yes, it's possible. Could your crack cocaine abuse also be part of the problem? Yes, that's possible as well. I suggest you discuss this problem with your HIV specialist. He will be able to examine you and run specific tests or have you see an HIV-knowledgeable neurologist that should help pinpoint the cause or causes of your discomfort. BRAVO on being off crack for three months! Keep it up.

HIV and South Africa
Fatigue and depression