pls help my newly diagnosed hiv positive friend

hi dr bob good morning

how's your health.my friend recently found out his hiv positve status during a bood donation camp.he's finding it hard to cope with the new reality. but the worst part is that he is getting fooled by a doctor who claims that his traditional electrolyte therapy(what shit is that) will cure him of hiv and turn him hiv negative.he got convinced by this damn expensive doctor who attaches electric cods to all parts of his body and gives him some kind of herbal water to drink. i am a regular visitor of this site and has a good knowledge in hiv and its medications.i tried to pull him out of this mess but he blindly believes that doctor and his shit treatment.moreover he has no ideaa about new hiv medications and its potential in prolonging the life.i tried to wxplain him the effeciency of new antivirals ,provided by aids council here in malaysia but it was of no use.he still believes testing positive is like having a death sentence and has no hope of lining longer.i tried every trick in the book but he is not willing to start his anti hiv medications which can be get at a discounted rates in malaysia.his doctor was not even bothered to get his cd4 count and viral load test done.what the hell is that?

i took him to a private lab and his cd4 and viral load test will be out in couple of days and then i will take him to an hiv specialist to device the drug regimen for him.

i hope your response will convince him to get rid of that shit doctor and his treatment.he will start his medication soon.i am only trying to get him his life back.i told him of this website so tht he can learn more about hiv and learn to cope with the disease.

thanks for everything doctor and i will show him the copy of your response.

by the way we are so depressed after another promising candidate kp 1461 failed to deliver the goods.how many more disappointment dr bob. be positive and cure will be here anytime soon.

love and hugs to the best hiv expert on the planet

have sweet day

ricky

Hello Ricky,

Sorry to hear your friend is being duped by an unscrupulous charlatan! I remain convinced there is a special place in hell reserved for these despicable phonies who purposefully take advantage of those who are ill, desperate, vulnerable and frightened. Your buddy is not alone in being fooled by these modern-day witchdoctors. Check out the archives of the Fatigue and Anemia forum. There you will find entire chapters devoted to complementary and alternative therapies (many of them fraudulent) and vitamins and nutritional treatments. Show these to your buddy. Perhaps they will help. I'm glad you have convinced him to see a real HIV specialist. Hopefully that specialist will be able to debunk some of the nonsense he's heard form the quack. You might also ask your buddy to think logically. If indeed there was a cure for HIV available, would I, an HIV specialist physician who is also HIV positive, still be taking HIV medications rather than signing up for the cure? And how about Magic Johnson or other famous HIV poz-folks? Wouldn't they also prefer to be cured rather than take medications year after year? Finally, I suggest you have your buddy sign on to AIDSTruth.org. It's a Web site devoted to debunking HIV/AIDS myths. There are whole chapters on fake AIDS cures and articles showing that HIV patients on "herbal cures" get sicker, not well!

hiv model new treatment
why the sarcasm?