HIV Uncertainty

Dr. Doc,

In December 2007, I gave unprotected oral sex to a male partner and swallowed his semen.

About a month latter I came down with the flu symptoms (fever, sore throat, aches). I've been told by the doctor I am anemic. Most recently, I have noticed red bruise-like blotches on my bum where most of the pressure rests when I sit down.

I have have two HIV tests since the December encounter. One a month after (January 2008) and the other four months after (April 2008), both of which are negative.

Can two test be wrong? Does it really take six months to find out for sure?

Thank you for everything!

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Fatigue and Anemia
low risk for hiv