PAIN ALONG THE SPINE, BACK AND HIP JOINTS AND FATIGUE

Dear Dr.,

I am poz and on meds. I always have a problem of pain along the spine, back and hip joints. The pain I feel is like something is burning along the spine, back and hip joints of which I always feel somebody should massege me throughout. Also when I stand for long I feel like if my back is beaking.

This pain started even before I started taking meds.

What can I do for this pain to stop.

I also feel fatigued everyday especially after work when I reach in the house immediately after eating I feel like sleeping. Even if I try to read I cant read.

Unfortunately, I can't diagnose the cause of your hip, back and spine pain over the Internet without the benefit of a physical examination and a more detailed medical history. I suggest you ask your HIV specialist to evaluate this problem. One concern would be bone and joint problems associated with HIV/AIDS and the use of antiretrovirals. (For instance, aseptic necrosis often affects the hip bone.) The best thing to do to make the pain stop is to identify the underlying cause of the discomfort and then treat that problem.

Regarding fatigue, this is another common complaint in the setting of HIV disease. The cause is often multifactorial (more than one underlying problem working in tandem to drain your energy batteries). I would suggest you read through the information in the archives of this forum in the chapter titled "Diagnosing Underlying Causes of Fatigue." Once you've familiarized yourself with the common and not-so-common causes of HIV-associated fatigue, make a list of potential causes and discuss these with your HIV specialist.

type of test to take
Gardasil and HIV testing