|Stints vs Bypass
Jun 4, 2008
I am a 47 year old male HIV pos for 19 years and on retrovirals for about 12. I am going to have angioplasty but the cardiologists says I most likely will need bypass surgery. Is this something I have a good chance of surviving? I am 5'7 and 145lbs exsmoker for 3 years.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Without knowing much more about your particular case, it's difficult for me to give a prognosis. But hey, you've survived HIV for 19 years. Angioplasty and bypass surgery should be a walk in the park compared to that! Talk to your HIV specialist and your cardiologist (and make sure your doctors are talking to each other as well!). If all agree the procedures are necessary, I see no reason why you shouldn't proceed with their recommendation. Being HIV positive should not dissuade anyone from recommended surgery!
Provigil for fatigue/Ritalin
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Neuropathy After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Touching Spit Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.