The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Jun 2, 2008

Dr. Bob,

Hello. I am 17 years old and had unprotected sex 12 months ago. On the 5th day following the unprotected sex, i ended up in hospital with loss of use of my left arm, loose stool, dry ichy skin, and fatigue that cased me to black out in the mall and to be taken to hospital in a police car. The doctor at the hospital said i had a ''viral infection'' but did not know which virus i was suffering from. Anyway, 2 days later i took a HIV 1/2 antibody tests. I returned at 3, 6, 9, and 12 months and all the tests were HIV negative. I have very painful swollen nodes all over my body and am suffering from extreme bruising too all of which started on the 5th day following my stupid unprotected sexual encounter. I am very concerned that I MAY have HIV as the color and the type of bruising I am sufering from were on the body of the person I had sex with. Should i consider HIV PCR DNA testing? Thanks for any reply. Yours, Brian aged 17.

Response from Dr. Frascino

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Masturbation (male): How much is too much
Stints vs Bypass

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint