New dx, post PCP, anemia and low CD-4

My husband is recovering from PCP and was just dxed. He had CD-4 of 7, and hemoglobin of 10 at the hospital. VL was not measured.

He is depressed and fatigued. What can I do for him until we get to see our doctor?

Thank you.

Have him sign onto this site and begin reading testimonials of other folks who were in similar situations, but who have now significantly improved. There are many such stories in the archives. Second, I encourage you to contact an HIV specialist and get him seen as soon as possible. Ask to move the appointment up. He should certainly be seen within several days. You may need to contact several different HIV specialists or have your primary care doctor contact them for you and request an expedited referral. Some of your husband's fatigue may be due to his anemia as well as his depression. Remind him things can and will get better.

Good luck to you both.

Androgel Infertility
thinning hair