fatigue and chills

I have been chronically fatigued for 10 years. And currently I get chronic chills, have allergic rhinitis (high IgE)and visual floaters as well. Sporatically, I used to get night sweats and would stop breathing at night. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea, but after a turbinate surgery, they say i'm cured. I still have this aweful fatigue. I continue to work and have tried to ignore it but I am irratable and sometimes my neck feels stiff. I am miserable. 10 years ago I kissed a person with AIDS..deep kissing. I remember this person bit my lip, but don't think he drew blood. i found out he was infected after this incident. I was never tested, and have been afraid since...but was always doubtful that the disease would have been transmitted this way. I know the answer is to get tested, but do my symptoms seem like I have HIV?

Your possible exposure 10 years ago was very minimal at best. Your symptoms are not characteristic of HIV disease. Is your sleep apnea indeed "cured?" Have you been evaluated for other causes of fatigue, i.e. anemia, low thyroid, depression/anxiety, lack of adequate sleep/exercise, etc.? If you're worried about HIV, the only way you'll stop worrying is to get tested, so - get tested if you're concerned. Your risk is very, very low, indeed! Your chills and fatigue should be evaluated by your physician. There are many potential causes, with HIV certainly not being high on the list!

RJF

Anemia and Procit
Thalassemia...does it effect the test results?