LACKING IRON

Hello, I have had an iron defficiency three years in a row, each time for a two week period and always following typical flu symptons. Each time I have been treated with iron supplements, my iron and hemoglobin levels have reutrned to normal. I'am not HIV+ , but could my iron defficiency be related to HIV? My doctor cannot pin down the cause, could I have "anemia of the chronic"? Thankyou for your help and God Bless

Iron-deficiency anemia can occur in people whether or not they are HIV-positive. "Anemia of Chronic Disease" is different than anemia caused by iron deficiency. If your primary care physician can't pin down the exact cause of your anemia, ask to be referred to a hematologist, a physician who specialized in diseases of the blood. It's unlikely that your current problem is related to HIV.

Happy Easter, Good Luck, and God bless you too!

RJF

Different manifestation of a common primary HIV infection symptom?
Anemia and Procit