|AIDS diagnostic tools...
Apr 6, 2008
Dear Dr. Frascino:
- As part of my activism in this armpit of the third world with doctors who lack the ability to even suspect HIV i initiating a program of physician awareness and giving them very basic diagnostic tools and helping them with making appropriate referrals.
I am committed to this because in my own experience i had full blown AIDS and even a professor of medicine did not really suspect what it was. Besides they were too scared of loosing a patient if they mentioned the possiblity of AIDS...I nearly lost my life.
I want to mail literature and write up on when to suspect AIDS and arm them with information that trigger testing and necessary referral for which i want to develop a literature package
Could you help us with links to sites where we can get the requisite information that could close the knowledge gap among physicians who can diagnose malaria and TB but not even remotely suspect HIV ?
I love your great sardonic humor very much !
Response from Dr. Frascino
Here are a few suggestions:
AIDS Education Training Centers (AETC): www.aids-ed.org (Clinical Topics, Slide Decks, Training Materials)
AIDS Info: www.aidsinfo.nih.gov
Guidelines: www.aidsinfo.nih.gov/guidelines/Default.aspx? MenuItem=Guidelines&Search=On
Tools: www.aidsinfo.nih.gov/AidsInfoTools/Default.aspx? MenuItem=AIDSinfoTools
CDC HIV/AIDS: www.cdc.gov/hiv (Brochures, Funding, Slide Sets, Statistics)
HIV InSite: hivinsite.ucsf.edu (Antiretroviral Management, HIV Clinical Cases Library)
Good luck Ron. I'm not sure which "armpit" you're currently residing in, but I applaud your efforts to increase HIV/AIDS awareness.
rash/hives and HIV Medication
sports and meds
- I Just Got Treated For Chlamydia Can I Have Hiv
- Scars That Appear From Hiv On Skin
- Can You Get Hiv Wearing A Condom?
- Is Inactive Carrier Of Hepatitis B Contagious?
- How Long Does It Take An Hiv Positive Person To Start Showing Signs Of The Disease?
- How Families Deal With A Family Member With Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.