Thank You...but

Hello again Dr. bob. You may remember me as the guy who thought he contracted HIV by having protected sex for 5 min. and unprotected oral with a girl he met at a bar. The guy who then passed the virus on to his girlfriend by having one time protected sex and unprotected oral sex. Or the guy who then passed it on to his family through the use of a toothbrush. Or you may not remember me at all in the ridiculous amount of stories you must hear everyday.

I want to say thank you. I took the advise that you gave me in your last response and it probably saved my life. I came clean to my girlfriend and family. I also received mental help. Both my family and my girlfriend received negative test results, and I have tested negative for antibodies out to 6 months. Also If you remember I was tested for all STDS including HEP A,B,C, and 2 PCR DNA tests and all tests where negative. Life is beautiful WHAHOOO!

but

My girlfriend and I are still sharing symptoms of something. We both have white spots on our rigid fingernails, we both have frequent noisy stomachs, Severe chest pain (right in the center of the chest). I can't speak for her on this but I have really sore hands and arms, sore bones. I also have a mass in my liver area, I had an ultra sound that came back normal but the pain and lump are still there.

On other sites (which I have stopped looking at) these are listed as symptoms of hiv. On this site I have read people writing in and complaining of these same symptoms and your response has been "these symptoms are not ARS symptoms and are not consistent with HIV". I believe you. So my question is:

What do we all have? LOL. But seriously. Besides the apparent mental illness, what is giving many of us the same symptoms? noisy stomachs, sore bones, finger nail fungus? I'm sure there is a multitude of diseases and viruses that cause these symptoms, but have you had anybody write you back after finding out the actual cause of their symptoms? And if so is there a consistent answer?

But to get back to my original thought, Thank You for your help. I was borderline suicidal over this. Your words really did save my life. Thanks

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Unlikely HIV infection?
is it my imagination?