Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Have I told you lately that I love you... THANK YOU
Mar 29, 2008

Hello to my favorite doctor! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for taking the time to answer me. Words cannot sincerely express how much I appreciate you and all you do. I must tell you though (are you sitting) that I had already done what you had advised and contacted my clinic which happens to be the Health Department (no afiliation with the hospital by my home)and since there were no doctors in except for one that would be arriving later that day, I spoke to the case worker for the clinic and expressed the urgency and she not only had the nerve to tell me (the next day because she did not even return my call that day) that she did not relay my message to that doctor because "he was too busy" but gave me inaccurate information telling me that it was too late anyways to do anything because 24 hours had already gone by! And people wonder why I am so paranoid about divulging my disease! I have been literally persecuted and thrown out in the street with my three childen (when they were babies and their father had died) because the landlord found out my condition, chased out of neighborhoods, and treated like I had leprosy at health facilities that you would think would know better. You my beloved doctor make me feel sort of "normal" if that is possible despite my feeling I am disgusting and dirty. That is why I live my life petrified. You are a breath of fresh air and again, I need you... we need you and how awesome it is to know that I have you on my side... our side... to talk to and get understanding from not to mention the outstanding, accurate and compassionate information you provide and let us not forget the laughs that you help errupt from deep inside my soul despite the pain I feel, causing tears of joy to at least temporarily forget that I am this sick outcast. You are so loved... THANK YOU AGAIN and please remember that you can count on me to be there for you if you need me anytime. Loving you much, Mommy of three

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Mommy of Three,

You're welcome. I do hope one of these days your self image of being a "sick outcast" changes. Having a virus any virus should never be a reason for shame. I realize your particular situation has arisen from your horrific personal experiences. Despite the unjust and reprehensible situations you have had to endure, I would still advise you stand tall, hold your head high and not allow yourself to be victimized, slighted or abused by anyone. Being a wonderful "mommy of three" is an accomplishment in and of itself that should engender respect and admiration. You certainly have mine.

Hugs to the kids!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Re:Scared because of lack of proper information?
Next
If I test positive, you are wrong about abstinence

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.