Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

herpes zoster at 14 months?
Mar 21, 2008

hi Dr. Frascino,

My boyfriend and I have been in a loving and committed relationship for over 5 years now. We are both male and 28 years old. 14 months ago, in a moment of drunkenness, we went to a sex club and my boyfriend received fellatio. The encounter was anonymous and he did not know his partner - it was all in the dark. I was present and observed the situation. That was in December 2006 - we thought nothing of it as it was v low risk. 1 month ago (Feb 2008) he had a bout of herpes zoster, which cleared up quite rapidly. This has been followed by what looks like angular cheilitis on botn corners of his mouth, stomach troubles (pain/flatulence) and flaky skin on the face, with some red blotches on his chest. I am very worried. This seems like a constellation of symptoms symptomatic of early stage hiv disease. My questions are : 1)are these symptoms so early on possible, 14 months after seroconversion? 2) how can this be the case if the only risk here was receptive fellatio?

I know you get these questions all the time, so i apologise for doing this. But I am very worried as we have been having unprotected sex since his last risk (and therefore worried for myself). We are also cautious about going to get tested - we want to be prepared for a positive diagnosis. Do you think my bf's situation is indicative of hiv disease? pleae answer - really worried here !!

Response from Dr. Frascino

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Previous
Negative HIV Test
Next
I need Peace of Mind-Please Help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.