Switching to Truvada and side effects

My doctor recently switched me from Combivir to Truvada because of the "long term possibility of toxicity". I took Truvada about a year ago and had a horrible reaction to it. My doctor suggested I give it another try. I started taking it again and the same reaction occurred: a lingering numbness, then tingly sensation, then flaring pain. But the odd thing is that the effects are localized to my right leg, buttock, and groin area. The effects last for a very long time and my doctor told me to just go back to Combivir, but said that this is very unusual and he has never heard of it before. I am also taking norvir and reyataz.

Do you know any reason for this possible reaction? Thank you.

Nope. And I would agree it's not only highly unusual, but doubtful it's related to Truvada. A drug that you take internally that gets into your bloodstream and travels throughout your body would not cause "lingering numbness, tingly sensations, and flaring pain" limited only to your right leg, buttock and groin area!

Anabolics vs. plastic surgery
yellow fever