For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

ADAP and HIV programs?

Hello. I've been HIV positive for 5 years now and live in Kentucky. I'm on the ADAP program here which pays for my Trizivir, but am considering relocating to another state. Are some states better funded with ADAP monies and have better HIV assistance programs?

Yes, some states do indeed have better funded HIV/AIDS assistance programs and it's definitely worth checking the situation out before you move. Your current HIV specialist may be able to provide this information to you based on the states you are considering in your relocation plans. Alternatively you could contact the local AIDS service organizations in the states you are considering to obtain this information. Listing HIV assistance programs for all 50 states here is, of course, not feasible, but the information is not difficult to obtain. Finally I should point out Trizivir is no longer considered a recommended therapy. A change in your therapy is strongly indicated!

Sudden Fatigue onset- very scarry
Hey doc!