Real possibility of exposure to HIV Please Answer This Question

Hi Dr. Bob, I had sex tonight with someone I met online. He says he is hiv negative and always practices safe sex. I bottomed and he used a condom. After he left I sat on the toliet and squeezed out of my rectum what looks very much like cum. I went to the trash and looked at the condom, it is not broken, but there is little fluid in it. How could cum get into my rectum if the condom didn't fail? I am stumped. To top things off (pardon the pun) I noticed a small bit of rectal bleeding afterwards. So, it looks like I've had semen in my butt and it was bleeding on top of that. What should I do? Should I try to get pep or what? I am worried. I always practice safe sex and I've never had anything like this happen before. I need advice. I am in Miami. I've donated in the past and I will donate again.

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Please put my mind at ease.
AIDS diagnosis (HIV VERSUS AIDS DIAGNOSIS DEFINITION)