Christ! (CHURCH LADY COMMENT)

Isn't it odd that Christian homophobes, some of whom seem to visit this site, omit saying that Christ had absolutely no comment to make on homosexuality (as far as I recall from a very religious upbringing). Yet homosexuality obviously existed about 2,000 years ago (Greek love?). Perhaps Christ thought it was not a big deal. Perhaps he preferred to concentrate on love, forgiveness, treating others as you would wish to be treated, turning the other cheek, not throwing the first stone.

As for those who rejoice in the awful fate of Matthew Shepard, look at Matthew 25.40 "And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

I'm not religious any more: couldn't stand the amount of hypocrisy shown by many 'believers'.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Yeah, the church lady continues to hound me with loving messages about my going straight to hell for my evil ways. I'm convinced she'll return in her next life as a dung beetle.

Be well Ken.

Just admit you are not trying to live by the Bible (PERSISTENT CHURCH LADY RETURNS) Feb 11, 2008

I am not judging you in any way but the Bible seems to be very clear in the fact you are living a lifestyle that is sinful and perverted. Notice the word used for men lusting after men is "vile".

Scriptures say exactly why the wrath of God abides on the homosexuals: "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who withhold the truth in unrighteousness.... because when they knew God they glorified Him not as God but became vain in their imaginations.... Professing themselves to wise, they became fools, ..... Wherefore God gave them up to uncleaness...to dishonor their bodies among themselves...Who exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worship and served the creature more than the Creator... FOR THIS CAUSE God gave them up to vile affections....and likewise the men also, leaving the NATURAL use of the woman, burned in their lust toward one another, men with men,... receiving in themselves THE JUST RECOMPENSE FOR THEIR ERROR,... God gave them over to a reprobate mind,.... filled with all unrighteousness, ...full of envy, murder, deceit,....haters of God,...proud,...without understanding,...who, KNOWING THE JUDGMENT OF GOD, that they which commit such things ARE WORTHY OF (ETERNAL) DEATH..." (Romans 1: 18-32)

I think Church Lady is trying to help you out of your state of ignorance. The people the Bible speaks of earlier didn't realize they were in great sin until it was too late and I'm afraid you will not either.

If you are not going to change your lifestyle at least admit you are not trying to live a Christian life.

Are you back again?

OK, dearie, one last time: If the Bible "seems" clear that I am "living a lifestyle that is sinful and perverted," the Bible (or at least your twisted interpretation of it) is clearly wrong. Most importantly science and the entire field of medicine have definitively determined sexual orientation is not a "lifestyle" choice! Your choosing to spend Sunday mornings waving your arms in the air and singing hymns off key is a lifestyle choice. Being gay is not. Despite your gobbledygook quotes, I certainly will not "admit" I am not trying to live a Christian life. In fact, the way I see it, my life is far more "Christian" than most and perhaps you are one who should admit that. Although I doubt that will ever happen. Now I must remind you that this is an AIDS information Web site dedicated to saving lives, not a forum for proselytizing to save souls. So this discussion ends here.

I'll say a prayer to the higher powers for you. No, really, I will. Your condescending judgmental nature and close-mindedness certainly need it.

re: enlightened (CHURCH LADIES EVERYWHERE ON THE SEX CHANNEL) Feb 9, 2008

Why is it that the most closed-minded people think the rest of us need their twisted vision of enlightenment???

I know that question was rhetorical, but... in case the false Christian is still reading, I'll over simplify just for them.

Fears of being alone and being wrong. "If they aren't alone, then they must not be wrong."

Well put! It's amazing how many of them have decided to drink the Kool-Aid! Isn't it? (See below)

Wouldn't mock the Bible if I were you! Feb 9, 2008

I, like "Church Lady" do believe that the Bible calls homosexuality a sin and sex before marriage a sin. The fact you have brought forth many examples, mainly out of the Old Testament and meant for that time, does not mean it is ok for you to purposely sin against God.

And yes, Jesus is very reasonable and yes Jesus does not want, but commands you to stay away from homosexuality and sex before marriage. This was not a suggestion but a command that if not followed will lead to doom no matter how many times you mock the Bible.

"Church Lady" is correct and one day you will wish you had given her Bible-beased thoughts more consideration. I promise you she is trying to lead you from a path of destruction.

Let me get this straight. So all those ridiculous rules and various "abominations" that I quoted from the Bible were "mainly out of the Old Testament and meant for that time," but the equally ludicrous claim that homosexuality is an abomination also drawn from the Old Testament is somehow still relevant??? Hmm . . . is it just me or is your logic more than a bit whacko???

Sorry sweetie, you'll have to take your nonsense and negativism elsewhere. It holds no power here. And by they way Miss Holier-Than-Thou, what are you doing lurking here on the sex channel anyway???

Church Lady got you on this one! (CHURCH LADY AND HER BIBLE RULES) Feb 8, 2008

You have listed a large number of things you have done that you count as good. What you have not done is profess a belief in Jesus Christ for your salvation (at least not in your response). Also, if you have put your faith in Jesus Christ to save you then you must also do his will which is to follow the Bible which clearly calls homosexuality a sin.

You are obviously confusing your will with the will of God. You obviously have someone you love very much and cannot see yourself without him. But to confuse that with God's will is still sin no matter how long you have been together. Your works will not get you into heaven but will be judged for reward once you are there.

I don't expect my words to immediately influence you but may plant a seed that will develop later. Until then please take care.

Hello Churchy-Guy,

Yikes! You think Church Lady "got me" on her rant??? (See below.) Respectfully I would have to disagree. So God's will is I should abandon the love of my life and a 14-year union and I should wait until marriage to have sex??? Hmm . . . . I don't think Jesus, who seems like a pretty reasonable guy to me, would agree. Besides, since gays can't get married, due to rightwing wing-nuts like you, that would mean I would never ever have sex again??? Hmm . . . I'm Italian, so that's impossible, OK? So you are apparently a Bible literalist? Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. You believe that all gay people should heed Leviticus 18:22 which clearly states homosexuality is an abomination. End of debate. OK , that being the case could you also explain some of the other specific laws in the bible and how to follow them? For example:

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

My buddy would like to sell his daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

I do hope you'll be able to help me with those problems, just as your reading my forum has hopefully helped you with your pent-up sexual frustrations. In the meantime, I will not be working to get into your twisted version of heaven, but rather continue to help others here on earth. And to use your quotes, "I don't expect my words to immediately influence you but may plant a seed that will develop later. Until then please take care."

Enlightened ???

The "Obama-Hillary" debate from a couple of nights ago was finally civil due to the fact they were told by the Democratic Party that their childish ramblings in past debates were driving undecided voters to McCain. Please don't give these two too much credit or I will really think you don't understand politics.

As for being enlightened, if you call living your life in a gay relationship being enlightened then you my friend are the one that needs enlightened. You obviously don't think homosexuality is a sin and have confessed that you believe in evolution even though the bible is very clear on both. This means you are either a christian living out of the will of God or a non-christian. I am not sure which you are but either way you truly need to be enlightened.

By the way, God wins in the end so you can defend your position on gays and evolution if you would like but I would rather take God's side.

What you call being positive about sex I call promotion of sexual impurity. You have constantly promoted sex out of a committed relationship (i.e. marriage) by cheering for people that have had one night stands (as long as they wear a condom of course). Even if you have a strong sexual perversion don't you think you should encourage these people to get their acts straight or would them getting their acts straight make you feel abnormal??

"You obviously don't think homosexuality is a sin . . . ." Yep, you got that one right! ". . . and you have confessed that you don't believe in evolution even though the bible is very clear on both." Yep, despite the odd use of the word "confessed," you are correct once again! I'm not at all surprised that you find my medically sound and scientifically based view of a healthy sex life to be "promotion of sexual impurity" and refer to a healthy sexual appetite as "sexual perversion." Well, I do agree the higher powers will have their way in the end and I'm willing to bet SHE is not going to be very happy with your self-righteous, sex-phobic bullshit. By the way, Church Lady, exactly what are you doing here lurking on the sex channel anyway??? I'm sure in your "enlightened world" even reading my comments must be a sin. When judgment day does come, I'll gladly stake my life's work dedicated to helping those in need as an HIV/AIDS physician specialist, as cofounder of two medical clinics devoted to the compassionate and comprehensive care of people living with HIV/AIDS, as founder and president of a not-for-profit charitable organization that has raised well over one million dollars for men, women and children in desperate need living with HIV/AIDS around the world and as an advocate of HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention and treatment. In addition I gladly compare my 14-year loving relationship with my partner Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum) to any other union, "sanctified" or not. By the way dearie, what do you have to show for your Bible-driven life?

Well, as Glinda the Good Witch told the Wicked Witch of the West, "Be gone. You have no power here."

Can't work your way into heaven! (CHURCH LADY / BAD KARMA)) Feb 9, 2008

ALL your good works are but filthy rags to God. All that matters as far as salvation is whether you have given your life to Christ and have repented for your sins. The Bible can be no clearer on the fact homosexuality is a sin so poke your chest back in and realize what is important because you will never work your way into heaven my friend.

All my good works are but filthy rags to God???? Hmm . . . Ohhhhh SHE is going to be soooo pissed you said that! Loads of bad karma coming your way lady. Don't walk under any ladders or carry and umbrella in a lightening storm, OK?

What else can I say about all you extra-chromosome Bible-thumpers who lurk around here on the Sex Channel???

So many rightwing religious zealots; so few lions.

SINNER REPENT (MORE CHURCH LADIES) Feb 9, 2008

homosexuality is a sin and nations have been destroyed because of it!!

There are whole gay nations? WOW, who knew? And when can I get a ticket to go visit?

Repent? Rather than subject myself to your fear and hate-mongering beliefs, I'd rather have my ears removed with a cheese grater while getting a root canal.

Respose about all those church going ppl (READER RESPONSE TO CHURCH LADY) Feb 10, 2008

Hi Dr. Bob I wrote to you some time back just to say what an excellent job!!! I think that your doing. I am not hiv positive nor do I have a question and I'm female. I continue to read you forum because I just find it to be so enlightening and informative but of recent I see these "christains" writing in to let you know that homosexuality is a "sin" and that your headed straight to hell for this horrible act. I just wanted to say I strongly admire your responses to them - you put them right in their place. If they are so godly and living a christain life then why are they being so judgemental and condeming - like who died and and put them in charge. I totally agree with you when you ask what are they doing reading stuff on the sex channel - should't they be doing some charity work or something instead. May be they should take an example from you who from I can tell is totally devoted to your work of helping others. May be they should put all this effort and energy of writing you emails into also helping others as you do. All I can say is that once again Dr. Bob your doing an excellent job and keep it up and as long as you and steve are happy that's all that is important and matters. Take care

Yours is one of many kind notes of support that have poured into my inbox since I posted the Church Lady rants. Thank you! That they are so adamantly hateful at the thought of two HIV specialist physician and concert pianists, who have been in a committed relationship for over 14 years and who devote their time, energy, talent and resources to help those who are less fortunate, leads me to believe they have totally missed the essential message of not only the Bible, but of all religions. So Steve and I will continue on our path, loving each other and helping others while Church Lady will continue on her path of hate and narrow-mindedness. And when we all transition to whatever comes next, we'll find out who chose more wisely and more compassionately.

"the bible can be no clearer." Feb 11, 2008

Matthew 23:3-4 Matthew 7:1 Amos 5:13 1Corinthians 14:28 Enough said.

By the way, I am a heterosexual; abstinent for 14 months, 1 day, 11 hours...(since I was falsely "diagnosed" despite testing antibody negative then and 2 weeks ago). As long as we're making the bible say whatever we choose to hear, Acts 7:30 1Kings 18:4. prophet... profit, the lord speaks in mysterious ways.

I seem to have permanently misplaced my Bible at the moment, but I'm sure the quotes are enlightening.

Congrats on your negative tests!

Be well.

Are you kidding me (church lady) Feb 11, 2008

I think the Church lady puts a whole new meaning the the phrase "Holy Crap" Please, lady you are missing the whole point of the Bible (they are stories handed down to show us a basic blueprint to living life) The Bible has been written and rewritten by kings to suit there needs (it is like that game where you whisper into someones ear and pass it down the line by the third or fourth person the the meaning has changed.) I fully believe in God, but do not think these messages are meant to be taken so literally as you point out there are ridicules things printed for another time that have no place today.These are just stories to tell us to be kind and good to each other that is the intention. Jesus loves ALL OF US and will forgive your sins PERIOD. (That is why he died people) I do believe Jesus would approve of anyone who cares so much about there fellow man (like you DR Bob) PS I will put in the good word for you when I see him, but I am sure your reservation is being held for you anyway

Thanks for your support! And isn't the phrase "holy shit!"? Somehow that seems more accurate.

Whoa Nellie (REACTION TO CHURCH LADY) Feb 10, 2008

Whoa Nellie!!! Some of those bible thumpers are nuts! I'm assuming God is collecting her thunderbolts to fry those suckers into crispy critters soon.

Loved your questions regarding the Old Testament! I did notice no answers from the church crazies.

Yeah, they do seem to be a few beans short of a chalupa now don't they?

Herpes zoster
Hip and finger tips (PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY)