Herpes zoster

I am on HAART(Truvada + Efavirenz) since january 3 this year. The whole of last week i felt weak and lost appetite. today i had the rash and the doc told me it is the herpes zoster. I started acyclovir 800mg five times a day for a week. why this condition while I am on HAART? should I be concerned of drug resistance? Unfortunately right now I am far away in Uganda and will go back home on the 2 march.thank you for your assistance. Sandy

Herpes zoster and HIV are two completely different viruses. You are taking Truvada and efavirenz to control your HIV infection. That does not preclude you from having a bout of herpes zoster. The acyclovir should help to clear that up. That you had herpes zoster does not mean you've developed drug resistance to your HIV medications. Hopefully you are under the care of an HIV specialist and getting routine monitoring of your plasma HIV viral load and CD4 counts. These tests will give you an indication of how well your HAART regimen is working virologically (viral load) and immunologically (CD4 count).

Is there a period of time where I will be feeling really fatigue and then really hungry with my medication? (NUTRITION)
Christ! (CHURCH LADY COMMENT)