Time to start treatment?

Hi, VL count facility is not avilable in my country. my cd 4 count 747 and percent 50.3 droped down to 464 and 49.9% respectively in 8 months time recently. I am having PN from last 1 year. it is getting worse day by day. Not on any med yet. on the basis of PN and my decreased cd4 count, is it time to start treament? Here we do not have HIV specialized doctor. My dr do not want to start treatment. Hope to here from you. Thanks. Ashim from Nepal

Hello Ashim,

The current guidelines recommend beginning HIV medications when your CD4 count falls to the 350 level.

Regarding peripheral neuropathy (PN), was that diagnosis made by a physician? If not, what you are experiencing may be something quite different. Have your doctor evaluate your ongoing symptoms. I also suggest you review the wealth of information on this site related to a wide variety of topics, including when to begin treatment and HIV-associated symptoms.

CD is not cooperating ;-(
Chiropractic Care Helping HIV+ Patients (CHIROPRACTIC CARE)