CD is not cooperating ;-(

I cannot appear to get my CD4 over 300. the nearest i got was 268 with 11%. I take kaletra and Epzicom for the past 4 years, take them religiously, take a vitamin also. dont drink alcohol, no drugs and try to exercise. I am healthy but i know that a CD 4 of less than 200 is not much of a cushion. Dr wants me back on dapsone now. Any suggestions on how to get a cd4 up, i am trying a whey protein drink now, i am not a big meat eater andthought whey protein would help my immune system. what do you think ? any benefit changing the medicine ? thanks

Immune reconstitution (rise in CD4 count) occurs when the HIV plasma viral load is suppressed. This means HIV replication is suppressed, allowing the CD4 cells to recover. Has your current regimen driven your viral load down to undetectable levels? If not, a change in HIV meds may well be worthwhile and should be based on your resistance profile (genotype and phenotype).

The reason you are being restarted on PCP prophylaxis (dapsone) is your CD4 percentage is less than 14%, which puts you at greater risk for opportunistic infections, including PCP.

Whey protein may well improve your protein intake, but will not increase your CD4 count.

Cough??
Time to start treatment?