Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

thoughts on fatigue
Feb 9, 2008

Thank you for answering my previous question on weight loss. I have read all on fatigue and hiv, you have mentioned that if labs indicate no physical cause psychological causes must be investigated. I too suffer from fatigue and weakness--I wonder is it not possible of all the changes going on in ones body with hiv, that it could not cause fatigue all by itself without causing any change in labs? Maybe I give up too easily I just figure so much is going on inside with the immune system fatigue is just something you have to learn to live with. thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Yes, merely having a chronic viral infection can itself cause some degree of fatigue. However, fatigue in the setting of HIV disease is often multifactorial and the list of potential underlying causes is impressive. I would not suggest you simply accept your fatigue as caused solely by the virus until a very thorough evaluation has been performed. Read through the archives of this forum. There you will find testimonials discussing the common and not-so-common underlying causes of HIV-associated fatigue. Often fatigue is not something you merely have to endure, but rather something you can ameliorate by identifying and treating all the specific underlying conditions contributing to the fatigue problem.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
traveling to usa
Next
INTENSE FATIGUE.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.