Wow your Karma worked!

Well, my gay skinny doctor friend. The Karma you gave me wasn't needed for an HIV test, but I dontated in December, and then had the biggest January in my little company's history. I guess I'll have to make a habit of donating if you're going to deliver like that.

I have one quick question. I recently returned from a trip to San Francisco. Upon leaving my hotel one morning, I saw a reasonably young guy (probably upper 20s) panhandling. He had several lesions on his face and head, was super thin, and ghostly looking.

Although, I'm not great at judging male attractiveness, I could tell this was a pretty good looking kid if healthy. I'm making a reasonably educated guess to say he has AIDS.

My question is: If he does in fact have AIDS, (if it is HIV/AIDS related, lesions point more to AIDS correct?) does any of the money from your foundation go to helping that guy or guys like him in the short term? He made a big impression on me.

Assuming this guy didn't get HIV as a child, with today's treatments for HIV, how does a twenty-something kid have AIDS?

I always found that what I give in the spirit of true generosity and compassion is returned to me one thousand fold. You seem to have had a similar experience. Welcome to the wonderful world of karma!

Regarding the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, yes, we have helped folks very similar to the young man you described in a variety of ways and through a variety of programs meals on wheels (food), AIDS legal services (to help with housing and benefits) and AIDS emergency services (to provide crucial needs, such as medication, doctor visits, shelter, etc.).

Finally, how does a twenty-something kid have AIDS? Unfortunately this is a far too common scenario. Half of the 50,000+ new HIV infections that occur each year in the United States are in young adults aged 13 to 24. Couple that with 47 million folks without health care and inadequate funding for government subsidized programs for HIV care and what you get is unfortunate young adults exactly like the heartbreaking fellow you saw in San Francisco.

Thank you for your donation. Your one gift will touch many lives in desperate need. On behalf of these individuals and the young man you saw in San Francisco, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Goldfish guy returns...
Huckabee supporter has a question.