Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Fisture in Anus and bleeding
Jan 24, 2008

im sorry i have bad command of english. recently i was detected HIV+ when i approached a doctor for surgery due to fisture in anus. The fisture in anus due to anal sex on the dec 15 2007 and i bleed immediatelly. which at first i thought it would recover by itself and the pain and amount of bleed become worst and gradually increase, upon advice by my friends i approached doctor. The doctor advised i need to go for a scope test and a surgery. where i admitted in one private hospital and they detected low blood pled 20 - 25 and they were finding the cause, on the 1st Jan i was detected HIV+, they immediatelly channel me to get treatment at government hospital. i took the recommendation letter and went to government hospital and they couldn't perform any surgery due to low blood pled which drops to 17 now. I am under medication, antibiotics and medicines to insert in my anal to reduce the pain and to stop the bleed. however i am positive towards my HIV and i choose to live a healthy live. Its just the fisture in anus cause me real pain and unablity to perform daily task such as passing motion and walking properly. it has been a month since i have bleeding in anus and i am still under medication and the pain never reduce and the amount of bleed keep increasing putting me in worries. I dont know where this going to end but i am suffering with my anus fisture more than im suffering mentally HIV+, i just lost focus to work, sleep and couldn't go to gym and im living in pain every day. Please guide me what should i do to over come this problem. I am only worried with the amount of bleed will it cause any major problems of surgery later on and put me in pain?

Jack Rexroiqus.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Jack,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent HIV diagnosis and the difficulties you are encountering related to your anal fissure. Indeed these can be quite painful (redefines the term "pain in the ass"). I think something might have been lost in translation, as I'm not sure what you mean by "blood pled." I can only assume this might be blood platelets. At any rate, I encourage you to go back to your doctor without delay. You should not have to suffer! Adequate pain relief medication should be provided while they are attending to the low blood counts. You should be able to have a surgical repair of your anal fissure very soon! If you are continuing to bleed significantly, I would be concerned about developing anemia. It's time for you to give your doctors a swift kick in the butt so that they more appropriately and quickly attend to your pain in the butt!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thanks - your support was great!!! Worried Well
Next
Atripla & Increased Trunk Bodyfat

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.