Anemia and late seroconversion?

Dr. Bob:

I tested HIV negative at 3 months via a rapid test that used my saliva. I also found out that I'm anemic (low MCV count) according to some recent blood work that was done. I would take the negative 3-month test as conclusive (esp. since everyone keeps telling me that my chances of contracting it were theoretically possible but so low in reality), but I heard that if your immune system is compromised in some way that it can take up to six months for the antibodies to show up on a test. Moreover, I'm CONSTANTLY stressed out to the max due to work, poor sleeping schedule, etc. Would anemia and stress contribute to a late seroconversion (i.e. >3 months)? Are there specific factors that would cause someone to test negative until the six month mark? And how accurate is the rapid test that I described above? Thanks!

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Immune restoration
HIV Testing conclusive?