Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please post for worried wells
Dec 31, 2007

Dr. Bob,

You have answered my questions in the past and hopefully you will answer this one too.

Back in April, I had sex with a Romanian prostitute in Spain. Towards the end, I briefly performed oral sex on her, maybe lasting a whole minute at the most. At first I wasnt too worried about HIV until the next morning. I know getting HIV from oral is very low but for some reason I couldnt get it out of my head! I started going crazy and I started checking myself for symptoms every day and lemme tell ya, man will that take a toll on ya. Soon I started worrying that I had HIV and that I wasnt going to be able to live a normal life.

Well, today I decided to go get tested and it came back NEGATIVE!!! I just have one real quick question. I had the Rapid HIV test done, the one where they prick your finger. Its been April since I have last had a sexual encounter and since it came back negative, can I WooHoo??? I guess it has like a 99.6% accuracy rate.

Anyways, to anyone who needs to get tested, do it!! Don't let your mind play games with you. Remember what Dr. Bob says, symptoms dont equal HIV!!

Thanks Dr. Bob, Godbless

-Mikey

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Mike,

Can you WOO-HOO? Absofrickinlutely!

Happy New Year. Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Cure for Aids/HIV?
Next
after 2 months of medication-results

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.