Does this warrent further testing?

So, here's the deal...

I had 2 'high risk' (just as a sidenote, I am a hetero male) encounters about a year ago to the day.

I had unprotected sex with my ex girlfriend at the end of Oct. 06 through mid Nov. 06 (approx.) 4 times. Please note a 2 years before me she had HPV, several operations and the whole deal. Well, I found out about that, went off the wall nuts, because hey, I never knew what this was, then I turned to the trusty internet and the all glorious webmd.com, which told me I had HIV , Terminal Cancer, and Diabeties.... (By the way, I am a type 1 diabetic so I worried more because of the internet telling me I was immune compromised or some other phrase) She gets sick of me flipping out and says hey buddy - go (well, it was quite vulgar), long and the short we decided to go our own way...

Luckily for me, my life wasn't complicated enough, I decided to go out with an old college on Dec. 2, 2006 friend of mine after my Dad passed (Cancer issues) and she goes all crazy about howshe always yadda yadda yadda - well this time I was smart, I used a condom... Haha, I thought - yeah good for me the dang thing came off not even 1/2 way through. She reassured me that she was fine and tested in Aug. 06. Yeah by Dec. 23, 06 I had realized that everything wasn't right - mainly because the fact it felt like I was passing lit matches out when I had to urinate and I had a coating on my tongue (which to the day I still have and is the only reason I think there is something wrong - I was perscribed medicne for thrush real hardcore stuff, but it never went away - maybe I'm just a freak with a slightly odd tongue) and quite an ichy rash on my chest (yeah webmd told me I had hiv again). I call her up - and flip again (this time warrented)... I go get some meds, antibiotics to fix my (what was descovered to be chlamydia). I call her, she tested negative for everything but the chlamydia and swore that the guy in Aug. was the last thing she did (besides me - so that put here well over the 3 months)

So I'm at my Dr's on Dec. 23, 06 - Show him the rash, give him the whole history and he claims hiv is absurd (now I think it was a possibility so I took an ELISA test)... Came back neg. for everything, but apparently I have epstien barr (sp) but what good was that it was 21 days (3 weeks) after my Dec. exposure and (approx) 38 days after my Nov...

Rash went away in a day on the meds, the chlamydia cleared in a week (very painful) - so I felt fine... Then the internet told me (yeah window period, apparently I still have hiv according to google search ARS)... So I wait, and wait, I seclude myself at my home, went to work, etc... and then tested again on Feb. 14, 07 (my v-day gift to myself another ELISA Test). Now this is 60 days past my Nov. exposure (10 weeks) and 43 days (6 weeks and a day) from my Dec. exposure. Guess what - all negative; but the nurse said the typical 3 month jargon passed along by the CDC especially since I have Diabeties.

Fine... Same Deal - I avoid sex until June 6, 07. This is now 6 months and 4 days out from my Dec. exposure and just shy of 7 months from my Nov. Risk. This time It's a oral swab at a clinic in NYC- 30 minutes later - got the negative result. Then I start to question was the test performed right (did I swab my mouth too long, etc...) After realizing I am probably just paranoid I take my papers and go...

All is fine - until about a week ago - having protected sex with another girl (seriously just my luck) and the condom broke... I'm unlucky with those - anyway, now I'm all in a huff again, not knowing if I'm going to go through the same experience - this could just be my paranoia from going through my previous experience, but I'm just nervous right now - does this experience warrent another test?

For all the other posters, I feel you - when you get it in your head that you 'might' have got it (Even though the odds are better on every one of us hitting the lotto on the same day) it sticks with you and every time something happens we flip for no reason...

So, Doc - any advice on this?

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Should I WOO-HOO or boo-hoo?
Cipralex