|oral contraceptives and hiv meds
Dec 3, 2007
I am currently taking neverapine and kivexa and would like to know what oral contraceptive is safe to take with the above meds.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Concomitant use of nevirapine and hormonal contraceptives containing ethinyl estradiol may result in decreased plasma concentrations of the contraceptive, thereby making it less effective. Therefore, hormonal contraception should not be used as the primary means of contraception when nevirapine is prescribed to women of childbearing potential. Talk to your HIV specialist and/or ob-gyn for additional advice. In the meantime, use latex condoms.
Rock n Roll!! I am back!
RE: 10 YEARS AND IT'S OVER
- Testicular Pain After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- 2nd Generation Elisa Subtype A
- Are Monocytes High Or Low With Hiv?
- Blood On Broken Skin Hiv Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.