leishmaniosis¡

pls doc i wrote a while back in regards to my partner,he is having a rough time of it at the moment,hiv,hep c,leishmaniosis,he has been having severe fever and escalo frios for a very long time now,the doc has said that they might have to operate and take out his spleen to clear the fever,i am very worried and he is also,this is not a comun coinfection and just would like to now if u have any information on this lethal mixture of diseases,its been 6 month now since he was diagnosed and still ill.pills taken r norvir septrim and invirase. his present viral load is 96 and cd4 181 not changing,doc says that might have to change meds?? also every night without fail severe night sweats pls any info on these would be very gratefull thanx x

As I mentioned the last time you wrote, your partner has a complex trio of illnesses AIDS, hepatitis C and leishmaniasis. In such complex cases, I cannot offer detailed suggestions on treatment, as I have only very limited information, no access to his medical file and laboratory tests and no opportunity to perform a physical examination. Hopefully your partner is under the care of an HIV/AIDS specialist physician. That doctor should be your primary source of information in diagnosing symptoms, treatment and prognosis. If your partner is not getting the information or care he needs, he should seek a second opinion from another AIDS specialist. I wish I could be of more assistance, but over the Internet, unfortunately, I doubt that I can.

Good luck to you both.

Re: Why The Lies?
going off hiv meds.