Stuck it where I shouldn't have

Hey Bob, While on the sauce in Amsterdam I decided to have sex with a prostitute. In retrospect, not one of my finest moments :( I recieved protected oral and vaginal sex. While I didn't thoroughly inspect the condom afterwards it wasn't broken or anything.

Once back home (Sweden) I realized that this isn't good and started to worry about infection. I had negative tests (not sure if it was ELISA but was told the test used checks for antigen and antibodies) at 2, 6, 10 and 13 months. The 13 month test was done at my regular doctors. About a week after I recieved the call from her that I was fine she called again. She said that the university hospital that does the labs sometimes evaluates new methods and reanalyzes negative tests. My sample had shown up as slighly reactive but there was no cause for concern. I was asked to come back in after 3 weeks and do another test. That test came back negative. I was told that the slighly reactive test was most likely due to analysis error.

I feel that I should be able to let this go after this many tests but I haven't been able to. I'm hoping you can offer some advice on what to do next or just bitch slap me back into reality.

Thanks for your time and a great forum.

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

HIV treatment
Marijuana use and mental illness