Recently Diagnosed Low CD4 and Spasmodic Organ Pains

I believe I have been infected for around six months.

My CD4 count has not been above 380, below 30%, and viral load above 100,000 at last count.

I feel twinges of pain spasmodically, around my chest, abdomen and groin region including testicles.

Can I assume I will be a rapid progressor, and although my specialist can not find anything, should I be concerned about those regular twinges?

Are they signs of more serious things to come?

Thanks in advance.

Can you assume you will be a rapid progressor? No, absolutely not. In fact, I would strongly doubt that is the case.

Should you be concerned about the spasmodic twinges of pain around your chest, abdomen and groin, even though your HIV specialist cannot find anything wrong? No. If these symptoms don't spontaneously subside over time or if they progress in frequency or severity, you should have your HIV specialist reevaluate the problem. However, from your description I tend to doubt it is anything serious. In fact I get similar total body shivers and shudders of discomfort often accompanied by waves of nausea every time I see Dubya or Cheney on television.

Your HIV infection/diagnosis is relatively recent. Check out the wealth of information on this site beginning with the topics "Just Diagnosed" and "HIV Monitoring Tests" that can be easily accessed on The Body's homepage under Quick Links.

I'm here if you need me, OK? Let's get through this together and both be here for the cure!

Good luck. Be well!

Confidentiality/Privacy
HIV treatment