Nov 15, 2007
Hi Bob, Thank you for your wonderful work. Can you please help me with the following questions:
a) In California is a doctor/care provider required to report HIV status of a person who takes a test and finds out he's positive
b) What if the patient's diagnosis is AIDS(CD4 below 200, but otherwise healthy)? Is a doctor required to report it?
c) Does Frascino medical group(or any other group) provide test as well as subsequent care with complete privacy/confidentiality ?
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. There is a recent law that requires positive HIV test results be reported to the health department. However, anonymous testing can still be arranged through some private physicians'' offices.
2. A diagnosis of AIDS is a reportable condition and has been since the early days of the epidemic.
3. The Frascino Medical Group does provide anonymous testing. Subsequent care is completely private and confidential within the confines of the law. If you have a particular issue involving privacy and/or confidentiality, it's best to discuss that at the time of your appointment so that we can accommodate your needs.
Sharing food/blood in saliva?
Recently Diagnosed Low CD4 and Spasmodic Organ Pains
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Being Fingered?
- Does Apple Cider Vinegar Get Rid Of Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.