|Is Shingles serious?
Oct 19, 2007
On the guidlines for when to start treatment, it says that this should be considered if you have "serious symptoms"; is shingles a serious symptom? If I have shingles does that mean I will have to start medication?
Response from Dr. Frascino
No, not necessarily, particularly if the bout of shingles is routine, i.e. limited to one specific area on one side of the body. Talk to your HIV doctor. He should be your best resource as to when to consider beginning anti-HIV medications.
Sex Drive, Labido, Testosterone Levels
Serosorting and HAART
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dark Bumps After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.