If anyone should be open minded it I would think it would have been you !

I wrote you about 6 months ago and you related that you thought it was psychological...Well, I have since been diagnosed with Lyme disease. Just wanted you to know. I'm sure this won't appear on your site, as it would show that you're human and perhaps more closeminded than even you thought. I have been on treatment for 1.5 months now and feel better most of the time. Sometimes great in fact.

Why wouldn't your post appear on this site? I can assure you I am very human and hopefully not close-minded. You asked me if your symptoms and test results were consistent with HIV disease. I advised you that they were not. This is the purpose of this forum. I'm delighted the information I gave has turned out to be true. I have also advised many readers that if a physical cause cannot be determined for a constellation of symptoms, then a psychological cause should be considered. I stand by that recommendation. If you peruse the archives you'll find many testimonials that demonstrate this frequently also turns out to be true. I also routinely state I cannot diagnose the cause of "symptoms" over the Internet. That often requires an evaluation in person. See the post below from the archives. It also concerns Lyme (or "lemons") disease.

Too many symptoms ... I'm coming to see you Jun 2, 2006

Hey Dr. Bob.

i've written before but haven't gotten a response. My symptoms are persisting so I decided I need to come to The Frascino Medical Group to find out what's really gong on with me.

I remember seeing something in the old posts about someone coming to see you and they wound up having lemon's syndrome and someone else had something wrong with their feet that was causing all their problems. i wanted to discuss these cases with my doctor but i can't find them in the old questions posted --- there are so so many!!! --- would there be any chance you could re-post them for me and also post the number to call for an appointment at your office?

Thanks,

zinger

Hey Zinger,

I think I may understand why you had difficulty finding those posts in the archives! I'm willing to bet the "lemon's syndrome" was really Lyme's disease, and the feet problem was toenail fungus. I'll repost those below. If that's not what you were searching for, write back, OK?

The number for an appointment at the Frascino Medical Group, Inc. is 650-917-1357.

Be well.

So many symptoms. I'm cured at last!!!!!! Mar 25, 2006

Hey Doctor Bob,

Words are inadequate to express my thanks. Following my visit to The Frascino Medical Group I am finally on my way to being truly healthy for the first time in years. After so many doctors, so many symptoms, so many tests, so many sleepless nights, I finally made an appointment at your office and saw Dr. Steve. What a cutie-patootie he is and such a sweetheart too! And that picture of shirtless Dr. Bob he has on his desk OMG I had trouble staying focused.

Dr. Steve actually listened to me as I rattled on and on about my symptoms and how I was absolutely convinced I was HIV positive. He didnt rush me in and out like so many other offices. I was there for 2.5 hours! He reviewed all my old records and even called one of my old doctors to get the results of a blood test that wasnt in my file. He examined me in more detail than anyone ever has before and Ive seen lots and lots of doctors over the years! He even held my hand for the full 20 minutes while he did the HIV rapid test in the office. When he said negative I cried and hugged him so hard Im surprised I didnt break his ribs! And what about all my symptoms? Well, just as he predicted, I have Lymes disease!!!! Ha!

I just wanted everyone to know there really is hope out there. Please listen to what Dr. Bob says. See an HIV specialist who knows what they are doing. I have a new lease on life thanks to my visit to Los Altos California. Dr. Bob, I saw you on the phone in your Foundations office while I was seeing Dr. Steve. You looked up, saw me, and smiled that famous Dr. Bob smile and waved even though we have never met. I almost melted and from that instant on I knew everything was going to be OK. Well, things are much more than OK they are absofrickinlutely wonderful!!!! Dr. Bob as I told Dr. Steve, Ill be making a donation to your foundation and will try to get my company to donate something wonderful for your next silent auction. Im also sending you a personal little thank-you gift that I think youll get a kick out of.

Thanks again Dr. Bob and Dr. Steve --- more than youll ever know

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Mr. Cured-at-Last

Response from Dr. Frascino:

Hello Mr. Cured-at-Last,

Gosh, I was wondering why Dr. Steve came home all bruised that evening. You squished him with happiness?!?!

Congratulations and WOO-HOO! I've never seen anyone so happy to have Lyme's disease before! I'm delighted to hear you are "on the mend," as they say in Australia. Thank you for:

1. Your very kind comments.

2. Your donation, thank-you gift and possible silent auction item.

3. Not breaking my honey's ribs.

Stay well. (I'm sure you will.)

Lyme, Orange, Banana?? Mar 6, 2004

Dear Dr. Bob,

Huge fan of a great person that is more caring than anyone I know. Yep, that is you! Just one question!! Can Lyme Disease effect the seroconversion window with HIV? I had a negative ELISA test at 13 weeks...and am still worrying because of my possible exposure to Lyme Disease!!! Just need your info and love! Thanks in advance Dr. Bob!!!!

Thanks,

Tony

Response from Dr. Frascino:

Hi Tony,

Lyme Disease will not affect HIV test results, and neither will orange or banana. Limes may be key (as in Key Lime Pie), but let's face it: you just can't beat the shape of a firm banana.

Stay well.

So Many Doctors, So Many Tests, and Finally You Figured it Out!!!! May 26, 2006

Hey Dr. Bob and Dr. Steve,

I just returned from dropping off a thank-you gift at your office. Certainly words and gifts will never be enough to truly express my gratitude!

I was a wreck when I came to see you 6 months ago. And when Dr. Steve confirmed that my lymph nodes in my groin were indeed abnormally swollen I nearly had a heart attack right in your office. Do you remember how much I cried? Ill bet youll never forget that! My tests had been negative but persistent swollen lymph glands that showed up after my unprotected sex with that skanky hooker overseas had me absolutely convinced it was HIV! So many doctors gave me so many tests and so many different diagnoses and some even said maybe it would turn out to be HIV. Gosh no wonder I was nuttier than a fluffernutter!

I finally decided I needed to see you, if for nothing else other than moral support on how to survive living with AIDS. My trip to Los Altos was the smartest thing Ive ever done in my entire life. Dr. Steve spent 3 hours reviewing my extensive medical records, each and every one of my test results, and did the most thorough medical examination of my life! He even hugged me while I cried and cried and cried!

You guys were the only ones who even mentioned the possibility that my toe nail fungus could be the cause of my swollen lymph glands in my groin! I must admit I was a bit skeptical myself. However now 6 months later (it took 2 three month courses to finally clear up) my nails are normal and my swollen glands have disappeared for the first time in 5 years!!!! Im cured!!!!!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!

Miracles do happen and those miracles are named Dr. Bob and Dr. Steve.

I hope you like the thank-you gift. Ill also be contributing to your Foundation and I promise to get my company to donate an item for your next live auction!

Please know you both are dearly loved.

Signed

Cured at Last

Response from Dr. Frascino:

Hello Cured at Last,

Excellent news! We couldn't be happier for you. Gosh, have six months passed already? We are still trying to dry the carpets out form your flood of crocodile tears! It looked like post-Katrina New Orleans in here after you left that day.

Thank you for your kind comments and generous gifts! The Frascino Medical Group, Inc. is always here to help! (650-917-1357).

Please stay well. (I don't think our levees could withstand another onslaught like last time!)

Dr. Bob and Dr. Steve

PEP question
concerned for son's mental health