Blood Transfusion

Well I found out why I was so tired all the time the last time I was in the hospital and my white and red blood counts were really bad. My t-cell count was 3. they gave me 5 units of blood in one week and nupagen. After starting me on new hiv meds for only 2 days they did new labs and my t-cell was 90. they know the meds could not have done this yet. So my question is can blood transfusions raise your t-cell coutn and if so could that be something to help those who have a really low one until their counts rise?

Blood transfusions do not raise T-cell counts and are not considered to be an anti-HIV therapy. However, blood transfusions can be lifesaving for those with severe anemia (low red blood cell count, low hemoglobin). Good luck with your new regimen.

CD4 Change and CD4%
god help me¡