HIV reactive in pregnant girlfriend, please help

My girlfriend is about 7 weeks pregnant to date.

She had initial std testing done.

A result came back showing a clamidia infection, that has since been cleared up for what we know.

Then also, a few days ago we got back the HIV results. The initial screen showed reactive while hiv-1 and hiv-2 declared negative. They are running more tests such as the viral load, cd4, nat, and hivrna. But, we were told that this can happen during pregnancy that a false positive is likely to occur sometimes. We are freaking out pretty bad, and it seems to be ruining our relationship. The anxiety is killing us and we need reassurance. Should we be worried? My results are not in yet and won't be for another week or so, and her results will be in as soon as possible.

Let me mention for the record that she has A negative blood and has a rare disease where the blood is too thick, she takes 10 times the amount of folec acid and lovenox to thin the blood for this disease. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but we are just really scared right now. Please help. The faster the better. Thanks so much.

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

ELISA Test Results
HIV Exposure - penetration