Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please Answer Me This Time!!! 3rd Time Asking!!! Neck Mass and Window Period!!
Sep 6, 2007

Hi Dr. Bob, I know you are extremely busy, but I would sooo appreciate your response as I really trust your advice. What you do here is wonderful for all those worried out there. And I am sooo petrified and exhausted after 4 months of no clear and concise answers. So please help me asap! Please! I truly haven't found this answer anywhere. You always say 3 months is definitive and conclusive, but if you know of a confirmed exposure then retest at 6 months. Well, I don't know for sure that i was indeed exposed, but I just recently found out that I had an abnormal MRI that showed some kind of neck mass. And this is after a negative hiv blood test at 10 weeks and an oral rapid at 14 weeks also negative. I am now even more scared to death needless to say and can't help but think this is hiv because my neck has been sooo painful for 4 months now. What do you think?? I am now approaching 6 months post exposure and am going in this week for a cat scan. What really has me confused is would I really take this long to seroconvert and do I really have this? Especially because my only exposure was giving unprotected oral sex (fellatio) back in early march without him cuming in my mouth. I know you consider this low risk, but what the hell is wrong with me then and what could possibly be causing this horribly painful neck mass for four months now along with at least a few other symptoms? The other symptoms being.. and all starting about 2 months after my exposure. Chest pressure and pain on the gums of my mouth for a couple weeks, on and off canker sores and nerve pain on my clitoris which my ob/gyn said could be systemic of some sort as he said he didn't it was sexually related. He ultimately said it could be vulvodynia and prescribed me a couple meds. He then said he'd help look around for some answers. I doubt it. Whether he actually does or not, because no one has been able to diagnose it, I am left thinking it can't be anything else, but hiv!! Please help me!! Do you think it is hiv? Have you ever heard of someone having these kinds of symptoms that ended up turning positive? Pleeeaasse help me!!You are my last hopeful resource!! SCARED TO DEATH!

Response from Dr. Frascino

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Previous
Sex with TS
Next
Inexplicable (?) fatigue for the last three days

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.