weak strain??

I am on HAART ..But before being on treatment at a docs visit ,I had my numbers ran, the doc said I had a weak HIV strain, because it looked to him that my cd4 was low 250 but my viral was low also almost undectable...is there such a thing as a weak strain?? also maybe have had hiv about 6 to 7 years..I am on HAART now ..waiting for my next doc visit..Once again thank you for all your help it has helped me get through this trying time.......hugzzz

While there are indeed many different strains of HIV and some are more aggressive than others, if your virus has depleted your CD4 count down to 250, I would not refer to it as weak, even if your plasma viral load is not excessively high. What's important now is how your particular virus responds to your HAART regimen. I'd suggest you peruse the information in the treatment forums' archives and also the information on "HIV Medications" that can be accessed on The Body's homepage under the "Quick Links" section.

Good luck!

newly positive leg pain
Anemia and oral surgery