Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Paresthesia
Aug 10, 2007

Hi bob, In Nepal,we have not got viral count mechine yet. I have been positive from last 8 years and not in med. Last month my CD4 count was 747 that was 50%. My doc says i have to wait till my cd4 count gets around 250 to start ARV. My main concern is I have been developed paresthesia from last 4 months and these days it is very severe. I am feeling that my cd4 count result is wrong and i am on the last days of life. I am having difficulty even walk and sleep. Sound sleep is now only dream. My doc only prescribed vit E and Nurobine but that did not work. My symptom of PN is aggrevating day by day. Can it be because of impaired immunity? I hope you will suggest me. Thanks Nepal

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Nepalese Guy,

Unfortunately, there is not much I can offer over the Internet. If indeed you are having difficulty with pain, I would suggest you see a neurologist. It's entirely possible what you are experiencing is not peripheral neuropathy!

Regarding your CD4 counts, if you do not trust your doctor, consider getting a second opinion or repeating your laboratory tests at a different facility. I would agree that if your CD4 count is in the mid-700s, there would be no reason to begin antiretroviral therapy at this time.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Fatigue, Medication Costs, and Doctors
Next
baby tested positive at 6weeks

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.