Paresthesia

Hi bob, In Nepal,we have not got viral count mechine yet. I have been positive from last 8 years and not in med. Last month my CD4 count was 747 that was 50%. My doc says i have to wait till my cd4 count gets around 250 to start ARV. My main concern is I have been developed paresthesia from last 4 months and these days it is very severe. I am feeling that my cd4 count result is wrong and i am on the last days of life. I am having difficulty even walk and sleep. Sound sleep is now only dream. My doc only prescribed vit E and Nurobine but that did not work. My symptom of PN is aggrevating day by day. Can it be because of impaired immunity? I hope you will suggest me. Thanks Nepal

Hello Nepalese Guy,

Unfortunately, there is not much I can offer over the Internet. If indeed you are having difficulty with pain, I would suggest you see a neurologist. It's entirely possible what you are experiencing is not peripheral neuropathy!

Regarding your CD4 counts, if you do not trust your doctor, consider getting a second opinion or repeating your laboratory tests at a different facility. I would agree that if your CD4 count is in the mid-700s, there would be no reason to begin antiretroviral therapy at this time.

Fatigue, Medication Costs, and Doctors
baby tested positive at 6weeks