fatigue and sore throat

Hi There!

I had a severe illness in january which lasted about 2 months which doctors suspected was mono. About 3 months later, I stayed up over 50 hours doing a project under severe stress and the illness came back a few days later, although this time it was not as severe but still lasted 2 weeks. Afterwards, I had a severe sore throat and fatigue for about 2 months. I recovered from this and then stayed up all night on another occasion studying for a test and the sore throat and fatigue came back 1 day later and has lasted 2 weeks since then. It seems to peak during the afternoon and get better at night. When I went to the doctor I was tested for almost everything, cmv, mono etc. and the only thing they found was a low white blood cell count. I was wondering whether it is possible that this is HIV as I had one off unprotected sex (with another student) for the first time in my life a few weeks prior to the illness.

Regards,

A very worried grad student

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Just got tested
bloody mess after sex