Living with HIV

I know this isnt a fatigue and Anemia question but I didnt see a category that it would fit in. I recently tested positive februrary 07. My labs have been mar 07 cd4 323 Viral undetectable. July Cd4 675, Viral 176. Although I am an American citizen and been in the states most of my life, I had planned on returning to Brasil, where my family is. I am now very worried about getting good medications there. Do you know of any way to find HIv specialist in BRasil specifically Salvador Bahia. I really dont want to stay in the states out of fear. Thanks

If you are an American citizen and have been in the States most of your life, why are you afraid to stay here? Certainly if you want to return to Brazil to be with friends and family, I understand that, but don't let unwarranted fear drive you out of the U.S. if you want to stay, OK?

Should you choose to return to Brazil, don't worry about HIV medications or access to them. Unlike the U.S., Brazil offers HIV medications to all HIV-positive Brazilians who need them. Here in the U.S. some HIV-positive folks in desperate need of HIV medications, but without health insurance, are put on waiting lists for the government's ADAP program (AIDS Drug Assistance Program). This is a shameful practice for the richest country in the world and this does not happen in Brazil!

As for finding an HIV specialist in Salvador Bahia, that should not be difficult, as Salvador Bahia is a very large city. I'd suggest you check with the local AIDS service organizations there, such as Grupo Gay de Bahia (GGB), for a list of HIV specialists in your area.

Good luck!

raltegravir safety
Dont worry remember me