Got a positive HIV result...

I was tested on june 5th and went for the results on june15th and unfortunetly came back positive, obviously this has been a terrifying thing for me since im kind of ignorant when it comes to that sickness (I dont know much about it) the thing is that I feel better than ever right now and for some reason something has been telling me that the result its not true although Ive had unprotected sex before... I really think im not infected with the virus, should I get a second opinion and get tested again? My doctor already gave me treatment, should i start tacking my medications or should I first be completely sure about this? thank you very much I really Appreciated

A positive HIV test must always be confirmed. If positive, additional studies, including a CD4 count and plasma viral load, should be done. If, based on those results, HAART (highly active antiretroviral therapy) is warranted, I would recommend a resistance test to help determine the best antiretroviral regimen. I also strongly believe all HIV-positive folks should be under the care of an HIV/AIDS physician specialist. Check out the information on The Body's homepage under the "Quick Links" section. There you will find whole chapters on "Just Diagnosed," "HIV Testing Basics" and "HIV Medications" among other topics.

Don't begin any medication until you are confident both in your diagnosis and recommended treatment.

PLEASE RESPOND BY JUNE 30TH
Losing it Doc!! Thank you!!