Self-medication

Dr. Bob,

I know self-medicating is not a wise thing to even think of, let alone do. But I'm a foreign national in a country that ain't got HIV specialists and on top of that, if my HIV status is known, I'll be kicked out of here. I go for my cd4 count twice a year. I can do that without a problem but not the VL. So right now, my cd4 count is about 400. I'm thinking of self-medicating. I don't wanna leave this country cos I'm making good money here LOL. I'm a 29-yo male.

I know to start treatment, you ave got to do many tests like the CD4, VL, test for resistance, aderance etc but you know.

Any advice for me Dr. Bob? what kind of drugs can I get started with?

thanks a million

Ross

Hello Ross,

". . . to start treatment, you have to do many tests like the CD4, VL, test for resistance etc. but you know." Yes, Ross, I do know and that's why I cannot support your plan to self-medicate.

My advice is for you to get the help you need from an HIV specialist, even if that means leaving your current job and location. "Making good money" is not compensation for ruining your health.

Ross, I do hope you consider your decision closely and choose wisely, because failure to do so could have disastrous and catastrophic consequences.

No Surprise
Will gay facesitting transmit aids