Frequent exercise and Nutrition

Dear Dr,

I recently tested +ve with a CD4 of 517 and a viral load of around 5.000. I go to the gym frequently and eat right. I neither drink nor smoke. While looking forward to starting therapy(treatment), can the frequent exercise and good nutrition increase and decrease my CD4 and viral load respectively?

Thanks up front

mike

Hey Mike,

Optimizing your exercise and nutrition coupled with not smoking and not drinking to excess are general measures for improving your overall health, including your immune health. To these I would add getting adequate sleep and rest, decreasing stress and voting Democratic.

Will this increase your CD4 and decrease your plasma viral load? Well, it may not by itself significantly improve these numbers, but by maintaining good health, including immune health, you may well decrease the rate at which HIV causes deterioration of the immune system. Besides, Mike, good nutrition and a vigorous exercise program make us look better naked. That alone is more than worth the effort!

Stay well.

Already? Worried about HAART
Original Research Paper