wanna know you better (one of your lovers)

hi bob hope all is fine on your side.you have really touched my heart and i do have concern for you and will always have special place in my heart. really have no words to express my heartfelt thanks for your advice when i was really going through the toughest time of my life(in window period post blowjob,protected vaginal encounter) with the face of death on my mind.your assessment and judgement is without any match.i wanna ask you something personal,if you dont mind.after battling the complications of hiv disease mentally and physically for so long(eventhough having access to modern hiv medications and life extending drugs),dont you feel tired at the end of the day .what keeps you going and giving hope,determination and courage to all the hiv carriers.what sort of medications are you on.are you extra cautious about your diet,which is ofcourse as important as the medication. hoping to be a generous donor of your esteemed aids foundation soon.pls mail a snap of your's.will highly appreciate.god bless you in everything . keep hitting the keyboard for all the worried wells as well as virally enhanced.

indian guy working in malaysia

"One of your lovers"???? I have an Indian lover in Malaysia??? Gosh, I hate it when the Alzheimer's kicks in. Remind me of your vital stats: height, weight, eye and hair color. Gym rat, swimmer's build or bear? Boxers, briefs or commando? Top, bottom or versatile?

Thanks for your very kind comments. No, of course I don't mind if you ask me something personal. (After all, we're lovers, right?)

What gives me hope, determination and courage? Many things, but at the top of the list would have to be my 14-year love affair with Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum). He's an excellent reason not only to get up every morning but also to go to bed every night!

Do I feel tired at the end of the day? Well, that depends on the day. (See below)

Am I extra cautious about my diet? No, not really. I enjoy healthy foods and good cooking. In addition I enjoy exercise, try to keep stress levels down and keep my personal challenges in their proper perspective by trying to help others in need that are far less fortunate than I am.

Are the consequences of living with HIV challenging? Hell yes. But I won't complain about them, because many of my friends who became infected around the same time the virus found me (Jan 1991) are no longer here. How could I possibly complain? I feel nothing but lucky to wake up each and every day. In a sense I'm living on borrowed time. So I plan to make the most of every nanosecond of my existence.

Medication toxicities and side effects can range from annoying to incapacitating, but without these medications, I wouldn't be here responding to your question. So once again I'm not complaining! If my life were to end tomorrow, I would say I'd had a truly wonderful existence. If, however, I wake up tomorrow, the day is in essence a blank page of unlimited opportunities.

Loverboy, I'm sending you my very best good-luck/good-health karma!

Be well!

don't you get tired?? May 9, 2007

I just wanted to ask you Dr Bob, don't you get tired and just want to give in to HIV? How do you run a non - profit foundation, answer questions, play the piano, practice medicine, keep your education up to date, give to a relationship, travel o/s and battle HIV???

Are your drugs different to mine or are you just really positive about life?

From

Amazed!!

Hello Amazed,

Give in to HIV??? Not a chance! Perhaps pessimism just isn¡t in my DNA. Being positive about being positive is organic for me. It just feels natural. The following quotes help capture and explain how I choose to live my life.

"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one. The being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy . . . . Life is no brief candle for me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations." George Bernard Shaw

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; this is to have succeeded."

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Amazed, I don¡t think our drugs are all that different. Perhaps it¡s just our perspective.

The WOO HOO heard around the world!
Tested at eleven week mark