Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Smokin Weed
Apr 29, 2007

Hello Dr. Bob... I am one of your readers and i can tell that your language is so clear so i can understand what i read.. I am from Turkish Republic and i ve diagnosed one month ago.my t cells was 368 and my viral load is 24.500 . My doctor said its not make sense but she decided to wait one more month and we will take all the tests again.After i diagnosed i stopped smokin cigarttes and drinkin alcohol which it was really easy for me... And also i stopped smokin weed but i admit it sometimes i miss smokin it.. that green leaf ...LoL...Well i just read your answer about mary jane so i decided to ask you.. what is the rule about smokin weed for hiv + people?..or am i askin too much..?..

Best Regards and best wishes from Turkey

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

There is no scientific data I am aware of that suggests marijuana is harmful to HIVers. In fact, it's quite helpful for some HIV-related conditions. Unfortunately, use of marijuana is still illegal in this country. I'm not sure of the current laws in Turkey. So as far as I'm concerned, the only "rule about smokin' weed for HIV positive people" is don't get caught!

Dr. Bob

Previous
eradication?
Next
grass and meds

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.