Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

eradication?
Apr 29, 2007

dear doc, i'm an italian girl, positive since 1994. Just some questions. In your opinion hiv will be eradicated one day? Do you think we will be positive for all our life? At the moment are there some trials trying to eradicate the virus? Sorry for my english. A big kiss to you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Ragazzina,

Yes, I do believe HIV will one day be curable. Will we be positive for the rest of our lives? I have no way of knowing. We have come a long way in the past quarter of a century studying and trying to treat and conquer HIV. Unfortunately, it appears we still have a long way yet to go. A cure is not on the foreseeable horizon. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be optimistic. I certainly am. Regarding clinical trials, there are many currently in progress that involve many different approaches gene therapy, immune-based therapies and novel antiretrovirals, just to name a few. You can read about these in the archives. Also, stay tuned to The Body and we'll continue to update you and all our readers as information evolves on these and other promising new therapies.

Ciao Bella,

Dr. Bob

Previous
Penis Enlargement (PENIS ENLARGEMENT)
Next
Smokin Weed

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.