Dr. Bob your are hilarious!

Hello Dr. Bob I have been living with HIV (officially) for over three years now. I can tell you that while HIV can be a real bitch, I have found that your forum is as good as a supplemental medicine that one could ask for. I have finally got my cd4 count from a small gathering of 23 to a banquet room full to over 350 for the first time, and have also successfully vanquished my viral load to the outer waiting room of undectable. While I am no Dr. I have prescribed myself a visit to your forum to be used on a as needed basis and to be taken in liberal doses. What better medicine than a great laugh! The pimple popping stories are a crack up! I wonder why the TV commercials for Acne trreatment don't ever talk about keeping your privates nice and clear for the intimate moments when a pimple can be really emabarrasing! AHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA...still LMAO. But seriously, when I was first diagnosed my wife and I wrote to you twice (ref: We found out how low is low)when my now ex Dr. told me anemia is just normal for HIV'ers. Your response not only got me to grab hold of my health and take it as my respnsiblitiy but also showed how that despite the bland clinical face to face treatment I was getting from this Doc that both my wife and I were struck by how someone that has never met us could write such a caring response that we actually felt the hug you sent us from afar. While I have learned about the physical effects of HIV and will continue to live strong , for me it has been the emotional roller coaster that has been the hardest to deal with. My wife and partner of over 10 years has since moved on for a life without HIV as her husbands companion. My friends and family have since kinda sorta themselves out so that I have found out what it is to really have someone accept you as a virally enhanced person.HIV may be a lifelong companion (no divorce coming on that front..lol)but despite the ups and downs I feel positive and strong about still being a living human being with much to offer this world. So thanks for providing a super supplement to my meds, a frequent laugh and lots of care for all of us folks living with HIV. I can't promise a donation to your foundation because most of my free time and duckets go to my local AIDS organization, The Inland AIDS Project. I hope it's okay to give them a shout out because they rock! I think it is great to know that there are organizations throughout the state and country with dedicated and caring folks such as yourself to support the people in need with HIV. So for you Dr. Bob, Stay well! A big and positive living fan, Scott

Hey Scott,

Welcome back to the forum and congratulations on your remarkable improvement, both immunologically and virologically. Your CD4s have skyrocketed from 23 to 350 and your viral load has plummeted to undetectable! BRAVO!! And in the process you dumped Dr. Quack-Quack, became an informed and involved participant in your health care decisions, linked up with an excellent AIDS service organization (The Inland AIDS Project) and became positive about being positive! BRAVISSIMO!!! And that you appreciate my truly warped (yes, I admit it) sense of humor, well, what a welcomed day brightener for me! I really do believe in the Paul Rudnick quote, "Only money, rage and science can conquer AIDS. But only laughter can make the nightmare bearable." My work allows me to utilize all four strategies money, rage, science and laughter simultaneously.

Stay well, Scott. Sign on anytime to check out the latest PPPs (pimple-poppers problems). Also, if you want a laugh, try sitting in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hairdryer at passing cars. You'll be amazed how many immediately slow down.

first documented case from cut on hand and masterbation
A question