another night sweats question

I have been getting night sweats almost everynight for the last few months. I'm not on meds yet - tested + last Oct. and was recently infected. My VL is ~ 20,000 and CD4 is 23% (I think 685) which is better than my last check-up. Is this normal or could there be something else wrong - and what can I do to prevent them?

Night sweats can occur with HIV infection; however, they don't usually become persistent or bothersome until CD4 counts drop to low levels. At 685, your CD4 count is still quite good. In addition to HIV, night sweats can occur with any of a variety of other types of infections viral, fungal, bacterial and mycobacterial. There are also a variety of other non-infectious medical conditions that can induce night sweats. These would include endocrine abnormalities (hormonal problems), such as hyperthyroidism. Also, some types of cancer may be associated with sweats. The best way to "prevent" them is to determine exactly what's causing them and treat the underlying condition. I recommend you see your HIV specialist for an evaluation.

Masturbation and Kallmans syndrome
Lasor surgery