fabulous, young and broke!

i was diagnosed two months ago with HIV, syphillis and a staph infection. No, i'm not a whore. Bad luck. I just got my first HIV lab results. Tcells count: 431 (scary to me, once the minimum range is 359. Viral load around 3.000. Am I dying next week? or Will I be fine? Thanks, FYAB

Hello FYAB,

Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. I don't know how "young" you are (or how fabulous either for that matter), but it's time for you to get informed about HIV!

Will you be dying next week? Well, that depends. Are you planning to get run over by a bus or bitten by a funnel web spider??? You certainly won't be passing on as a consequence of HIV if your CD4 count is 431 and plasma viral load, 3000!

Here's what I suggest you do:

1. Establish care with an HIV specialist (or HIV specialty health clinic).

2. Learn about HIV, HIV monitoring tests, prognosis and treatment options. A good place to do this is right here on this Web site. Begin by reviewing the information under the Quick Links section on The Body's homepage. There you will find whole chapters devoted to topics like (1) Just Diagnosed, (2) HIV Medications and (3) HIV monitoring tests.

Will you be fine??? Well, you have an excellent chance of being "positively fine" (so to speak), if you get the proper HIV-specialty care and work closely with your doctor.

Aids from gay sex
hiv and western blot taken 11 months