Fatigue

Hello Dr Frascino

- You are my hero. - Do you think there is double whammy in case of chronic fatigue with HIV and HCV infections. - My doctor is refusing to give me testosterone on grounds that it will lessen my life span and will become an addition. I want your reaction to this.

jack / Pakistan

Hey Jack,

Sounds like your doctor "doesn't know Jack" (so to speak). HIV/HCV coinfection is quite common. In fact, we have an entire expert forum devoted to this very topic. Check it out!

Regarding testosterone supplementation, if you have documented hypogonadism (low testosterone), yes, you should get testosterone replacement therapy, unless there are specific contraindications for such therapy, such as prostate cancer, etc. If your doctor refuses to work with you, you should consider finding a more competent and compassionate HIV specialist!

Good luck!

Please Answer I'm scared!!!
I'm sorry, from the poster who said you didn't know the answer